Running from the Law: From the Cutting Room Floor

Thursday, May 21, 2015

From the Cutting Room Floor

I take so many photos of the kids these days - most of them are crappy iPhone pics that I snap here and there on the go just to capture a moment, which end up living on my phone until I run out of memory and have to dump them onto my computer or delete them.  I try to post at least one picture a day to Instagram, but there are so many that end up on the "cutting room floor" because they're not perfectly in focus, not well-lit or just not right for a square.  Or maybe they're totally fine, just forgotten about and skipped over.  Poor sad forgotten photos.  So, I thought it might be fun bring them back to life and to drop a few of them here in a blog post with a quick one-line caption summarizing what's going on. Because I know you're all just dying to see all the photos that weren't good enough for Instagram, right?  
Wanna snuggle?  

Fireman Mac and his trusty fire-fighting dog, Marshall to the rescue! 

This child loves baths more than I love vodka (that's a LOT). 

This is not what I had in mind when I ordered the low-calorie pizza.   

Baby in a box...and baby booty.

Why did they make this so hard to chew on?

Get outta my dreams...get into my little red wagon.

Baby selfie!

The sweet fleeting moment before he kicked her in the stomach and kneed me in the face.

Yes, you may push me around the neighborhood, my humble servant.

Why can't we get a real pony, mama?

Next time make it filet mignon, please. 

I love you. 

I need that phone in my mouth right this second!

Banga (Bambi) looking for his deer friends. 

Oh what a beautiful morning!  Oh what a beautiful day!  I've a beautiful feeling...everything's going my way!

How I get dinner cooked...and why I have to wash all our pots/pans daily (note the ice cubes in them, so the dog can lick them out).

11 comments:

  1. Hahahaha. Real life never ceases to entertain me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Noah loves putting ice in bowls too! We keep our bottom cabinets locked for this reason but at grandma and grandpas house he is constantly emptying their cabinets and filling bowls and pots with ice! No dog to lick it up though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo dump! Great captions too. They made me laugh. Cam loves playing with all the plastic and wooden utensils so those get washed daily at out house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How bad is it that I'd just stick the pots back in the cabinet and wash one out when I needed it to cook?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haaaa! I love this so much. The everyday extraordinaire.
    Might have to borrow this idea sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos! Do you make photobooks? How do you pick your photos and so you make separate book for Mac and Mim or more like a family yearbook?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! Great pictures! I just love the one of Mim reaching for your phone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!!! These are so cute and some of the memories you will look back on the most fondly. I have TONS of photos on my phone that I don't think are good enough for IG as well. Might need to steal this idea from you =P

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol. Seems post worth to me! Love the captions.

    ReplyDelete