Running from the Law: Embrace the Mess

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Embrace the Mess

You guys, I think I have a problem.  I cannot stop taking photos (albeit crappy ones) of my kid eating messy food.  I think my favorite part of mealtime is just seeing what kind of mess this child can make from simple items.  Syrup in his hair, pasta sauce up his nose, peas in his ears, yogurt on his forehead, smushed blueberries in his diaper, jelly on his eyelashes.  I love it all.  I think some mothers would cringe just knowing they had to clean this up, but I grab my camera and then just let the dogs take care of the mess (what do people without dogs do?).  Last week I posted chocolate pudding pictures.  This week we're moving on to cupcakes.  Like me, this kid can take a whole cupcake down in one bite.  I have to break it up or else he shoves the entire thing in his mouth, icing first.  So my child.  I promise, he really does eat things other than junk...sometimes.   
Is that not the look of pure joy?
And then he asked for a cookie. 
Ugh.


Also, if you're participating in the Lucky (recipe) Linkup - and a big thank you to everyone that is! - the matches are up!  Check out Erinn's post (HERE) to see whose recipe you'll be making and for all the details. I can't wait to see all your recipes on Monday, March 17th!  Happy St. Pat's! 

16 comments:

  1. Mmm! Tasty! I have lots of messy Cash pictures too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pictures!!!! I love how messy they get! Does Mac get a smile on his face when he sees a sweet treat? I never give Cam too much, but I love the initial excitement he gets when he first sees a cookie or piece of chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and chances are, he'll ask for a glass of milk to go with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I am the same way! Thank goodness for the Boon's wipability and a golden retriever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The messy pics are too cute. My daughter tried hard not to make a mess so usually there is just a little bit around her mouth. I thought at this point we would get food in the hair and all over the face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are too precious! I'm seriously wishing we had made Bogey an indoor dog after toddler eating! ughhh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! He is so adorable! I am the same way with SS. Matt says it is because she is contained in the chair, so I feel I can "capture" the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...Also known as half the pictures in my phone. Plus, Abbie has refused to wear a bib for me for months.

    That's what the washing machine is for, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely precious! Love how happy he looks with that cupcake. :) I have about a million eating pictures too if that makes you feel better...but mine are much worse quality!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we are living very similar lives right now!!!! Except my kid had vanilla yogurt all over his shirt yesterday and then I took his shirt off and it went all in his hair. I just left it "styled" while we went to play outside shirtless and enjoy the 70 degree weather (he's shirtless- not this pregnant mama). Since we are both pregnant with girls this time around, I'm wondering if we'll be the same with them?!? And I agree- dogs = clean up crew

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable!! And thank goodness for dogs! I think I like messy food pictures bc it's one of the few times they sit still so it's a little easier to take (unlike chasing my child down the street in a coupe car - big belly and all).

    ReplyDelete
  12. i used to cringe and wipe her face constantly and just hate the mess. . . but now? now i embrace it and love it, and i think its adorable!! bring on the pudding :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is because he is so cute when he eats!! It isn't your fault!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too take too many pictures at meal time. I think its because my hands are finally free ha

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! He looks so happy! Though I can't say I blame him. I have a smile on my face too when I'm eating a cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it!
    Get after it, buddy! If you can't enjoy your food what's the point of eating?!
    And, I'm totally with you on the dogs. Ours is a mighty fine mess-cleaner-upper!

    ReplyDelete