Running from the Law: Engagement Pictures

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Engagement Pictures

I realized the other day that I still haven't posted our engagment pictures.  Originally, I didn't really see the point of getting engagment pictures taken.  I wasn't planning on using them for anything in the wedding (guest book, save the dates, etc.), so I didn't think we needed them.  However, the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of having some pictures of just the two of us (pre-wedding), just to have...even if we didn't use them for anything.  And I really wanted them to be taken in Jackson.  The Tetons are so incredible, but they weren't visable from our wedding venue, so they wouldn't be in our wedding pictures.  Engagement pictures would be a perfect opportunity for us to get some pictures in front of those peaks.  Also, I thought doing an engagement session would be a great way for the two of us to get comfortable in front of the camera, so we didn't look awkward and uncomfortable in the wedding pictures.  So, a few days before the wedding, the amazing and talented Carrie Patterson took Ryan and I out to Grand Teton National Park, just outside of Jackson for our engagement session.  We went to the Moulton Barns, which was the perfect spot for me since I have a slight obsession with old barns.  We went at dusk and the lighting is beautiful.  I think they turned out to be some of the prettiest and romantic pictures I've ever seen.  They are way too gorgeous not to do something with!  Anyone have any ideas of what I can do with them?



4 comments:

  1. These are stunning. I think they'd be gorgeous mixed into a gallery wall with other photogrpahs. You could also put them into a blurb book to keep on your coffee table. Really, anything you do with these photos would be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so, so lovely! Congrats on having such an amazing set of engagement photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, dying. SO gorgeous. You should do a gallery wall of your engagement and wedding pictures--they are all soooo gorgeous. Or a coffee table book. Either way, you need to display these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post - engagement pictures ..Keep Posting


    Ron
    engagement pictures

    ReplyDelete