Running from the Law: At Home Lifestyle Maternity Photos

Thursday, July 3, 2014

At Home Lifestyle Maternity Photos

I'm so excited to share some photos with you today!  My very good friend Jessica (who I've blogged about many many many times), is getting started with her own photography business, building up her portfolio and asked me if she could practice on me and my bump.  Of course, the bump obliged!  You know Mim, she wants her time in the spotlight too!  

Anyway, I had a vision in mind about what I wanted the photos to look like and Jessica nailed it.  I really wanted intimate, cozy, natural photos of the bump, focusing on the curves and beauty of pregnancy, with lots of fun angles and cropping and black and white.  Picky, picky, picky, right?! Luckily, Jess is amazing and worked her magic to give me exactly the mood and look I was going for.  She was so patient with me and encouraging.  We tried all kinds of things (and outfits) and had a blast hanging out and catching up.  She was so great about asking what I liked and didn't like about photos (and me in photos).  She was so sensitive about the areas that I'm self-conscious about and never made me feel stupid for voicing my concerns.  

I was really truly blown away when I saw the photos.  I really couldn't love these photos more, if I tried.  Maybe chalk it up to weight gain, but I really haven't LOVED any photos of myself since my wedding photos.  But these - I love!  Weirdly enough, I really do feel beautiful when I'm pregnant and I feel like she captured that.  Not to sound conceited or anything, but I think I look beautiful in these photos!  And that, my friends, is a huge compliment to the photographer.  When we took these, I was about 29 weeks pregnant at the time.  I felt like the bump was HUGE at the time, which makes me giggle because it's double this size now.  Most of these were taken in our bedroom, with a few in Mim's nursery (although it wasn't anywhere close to ready).  

So anyway, without further ado...
(you can see Mac outside helping Ryan wash the car)
{all photos by Jessica of Emma Constance Photography}


Love.

Thank you so much, Jessica.

48 comments:

  1. So beautiful! These are my favorite kind of shoots too! My food friend is a professional photographer so did the same thing when I was pregnant with Liam! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, great work, Jess. And I love the one of you looking straight at the camera, wearing white, sitting on the bed, in black and white. Pregnancy is so so so beautiful....especially on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! Maternity photos are one of my favorite types of shoots to do because I believe that is nothing is more beautiful than mamas & their babies. I hope you put together a little photo collection/collage for Mim's nursery and that we see it on the blog in the coming months. I did this in Eloise's nursery and my own bathroom and it makes me smile every time I look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! You rock this pregnancy thing! Love the one in the window that is just kind of your silhouette. And of course any with Mac! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Sara!! Simply beautiful and amazing. I love the one of Mac sitting on your lap in the nursery. It looks like Mac is talking to Mim which is ADORABLE. So happy for you!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO GORGEOUS!!!! These make me want to be pregnant again just so I can do beautiful, airy maternity pictures (and I really do NOT want to be pregnant right now, so that's really saying something! Ha!). They are all my favorite, but the ones in the gray sweater and the silhouettes are just STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. She absolutely nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful indeed!! You look so good. I love the soft, comfy, cozy feeling of these pictures. What treasurers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously, Sara. I love every single shot. You look beautiful, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! You look great mama. Can't wait to "virtually" meet this sweet baby girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos! Especially love the silhouette ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos Sara! You look wonderful. I love the one of you in the black dress with your hair up just lightly smiling at the camera. Just so calm and content and happy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sara! Thank you thank you thank you! I love that you are so happy with these, and I love that we were able to get what you wanted! You ARE gorgeous, and I'm thrilled I could catch that in photos for you. :) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love the one of you laying on the bed looking at the camera. I have a lifestyle maternity session coming up in two weeks and this just gave me so many more great ideas.

    And yes, you do look gorgeous. Pregnancy suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What gorgeous photos! They really are perfect. I especially love the one of you in full silhouette. You definitely have that pregnancy glow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HOLY GORGEOUSNESS!!! Super in love with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. that second photo - holy crap does Mac look like you!
    I especially love the ones where you're laying down. So pretty, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  18. these are PERFECT. and seriously- your gorgeous. stunning really. i just can't get enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are beautiful!!!! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are gorgeous photos! She did an amazing job, and you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeoussss!!! Seriously, I can't pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, such beautiful photos...you look stunning mama!

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful photos, beautiful mama! love the grey sweater, and the ones with mac are just too much.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, she did an amazing job! You're gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sara, these are GORGEOUS! Seriously, gorgeous. You look beautiful! I LOVE all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous! She did a great job- such sweet memories to cherish

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful! Love the angles, the colors, the poses, so basically everything about this shoot :)

    The Joni Journey

    ReplyDelete
  30. Simply beautiful! Congrats on meeting your little girl soon!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Aww, I love every single one of them and you're right, you do look absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love these! You are radiant!

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are beautiful! And pregnancy definitely suits you! You are stunning in all of these, and your bump is perfection. She did such a great job, and Mim was an excellent model =) Mom helped some too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You are beautiful. And that silhouette shot. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my gosh those silhouette shots are STUNNING! And I really like the tops you chose for these pictures - especially the sweater. I think some maternity shots can look soooo overdone, but you managed to make these look fresh and classic at the same time. Beautiful, beautiful :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  36. So beautiful!! So many are perfect but the silhouette has to go in a frame!! And is the first one a sneak peak of Mim's room?!? Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Goosebumps! What incredibly beautiful photos, and you are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I am so in love with these photos. I believe they are the best I've ever seen, seriously. I love every setting and pose and outfit! Beautiful momma and amazing photography!

    ReplyDelete
  39. She did a great job - the photos are stunning and you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Seriously adorable!!! Every. single. one!!! Such precious memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Sara!!!! These are amazing!!! You look gorgeous!!! Hard to choose favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I wanna thanks to a great extent for providing such informative and qualitative material therefore often.RYAN

    ReplyDelete