Running from the Law: Iris's Tea Party Bridal Shower

Monday, April 16, 2012

Iris's Tea Party Bridal Shower

One of my best friends in the world is getting married this weekend.  I am so incredibly happy for her and so excited to be a part of it.  I think we all know how obsessed I am with weddings (still), so it's been an absolute honor being her matron of honor and getting to help out with all the wedding details.  A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of throwing her a bridal shower in her hometown of Peoria, IL.  

I decided to have the shower at a cute little tea room in the Peoria suburbs and I used bright colors, teacups and flowers as the inspiration. The shower was held at Maria's In Washington (in Washington, Illinois). I found some great fabrics on sale at Hobby Lobby, which I used as tablecloths.
I used plain colored paper for the place cards - each color represented what the person ordered for lunch.
The flower arrangements were done by Georgette's Flowers in Peoria.
Maria's did a beautiful job on the cupcakes.  I made a few fun cupcake toppers to make them a little more personalized.




Delicious French macarons as party favors.  
I ordered these on Etsy from Sparkles Macarons.
I asked all the guests to write down one of their favorite memories of Iris and/or Dan.  I told them the more embarrassing the better, so I hope they're good!  I'm going to mail these to them one at a time over the course of their first year of marriage.  They can open them together and laugh about each story.


Maria's had a private little room for us to use and I decorated the room with pennants and hanging paper lanterns.  The ceilings were WAY higher than I expected them to be, so us shorties had a lot of difficulty hanging this stuff, but I think it turned out well.

The guests started arriving right on time (a little to my dismay b/c I wasn't ready!), but the bride-to-be stepped in and greeted everyone with a giant smile and a mimosa.








Since this was the first time many of the guests had met each other, we went around the room and introduced ourselves and how we know Iris.  I think it always helps to be able to put a name to each face and it was so fun to hear how everyone knew Iris and how much they all loved her.  I think this helped put everyone at ease and it'll be great now knowing so many people at the wedding.  I can't wait to see everyone again.









Lunch was served.  The guests had a choice between 4 entrees: chicken salad sandwich on a croissant, quiche and soup, garden vegetable wrap or grilled citrus chicken spinach salad.  All the food was outstanding and the service was excellent.  The wine and mimosas were flowing and I think everyone was having a great time!  

After lunch is was time for presents.











Iris got some really great loot.  So many things I want to borrow!

Before everyone left, we tried to get a photo of them with the bride.










I seriously love this girl.
She's not goofy at all...



I love you IC.  
I hope you had a wonderful time at your shower.  
I know I loved spoiling you!  

Can't wait to see you in a few days for your wedding.  
You will be the most beautiful bride ever!  

I'm sorry I'm going to be such a whale in all your photos, but I promise you'll look super skinny standing next to me!  See, there's at least 1 benefit of having a 9 month pregnant bridesmaid!

I love you to pieces and I'm honored to be standing by your side.
Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day.

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shower! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job! Hostess with the mostest!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable shower! Love all of the colorful details! Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect shower, every detail is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfection, love the decore and all the details. Girl after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just beautiful! what a wonderful shower, and the bride is positively beaming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous shower! You did amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the cute details - you are quite the party planner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you got pictures of the bride with the different guests. That is something I always forget to do and regret later! Looks like a fun party.

    ReplyDelete