Wow, three posts in one week, it's like I'm a real blogger again. So pathetic. Anyway, it's been a while since I've done one of these random posts, so let's get to it.
- Did anyone else blink and miss February? I know it's the shortest month of the year, but I don't know how we're 24 days in already (happy birthday mom!) and it feels like the month should just be starting. How does this happen? And I'm pretty sure with all the fun stuff we've got coming up in the next couple of months (birthday parties, weddings, bridal showers, baby showers, bachelorette parties, holidays, etc.), March and April are going to fly by as well.
- My dad and step-mom came in town this week to bring over and install the bookshelves they built for Mac's room. They're unbelievable! I just love the way they turned out! Mac is already so loved and spoiled, it's amazing. I told my dad that I wanted these shelves for the nursery back around Christmas. I gave him a few measurements and here they are! Voila! I got the inspiration from Pinterest of course (here), but they turned out even better than I anticipated. I still need to paint the dowels fun bright colors, but since I know you're dying for a sneak peek, here it is. We're going to need more books!
Thank you so much Dad & Kelly!! You guys are the BEST!!
- Things I'm loving these days (in no particular order): Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra ice cream, ballet flats (sparkly ones in particular), long hot nightly "warm up showers," stretchy leggings, Honey Nut Cheerios, coconut water, wrap dresses, lavender scented belly oil, pickled beets, diet root beer, feather pillows, bananas, pretty scarves and Chipotle chicken tacos (of course).
- I am in full-blown "wedding planning" mode these days and absolutely loving it! I'm the MOH in two weddings this year and I'm having the best time fulfilling my duties. My friend Iris is getting married in April and we've been picking out photographers, planning a bridal shower and bachelorette party, deciding on veils, picking out ties, looking at hairdos and trying to find the perfect maternity bridesmaid dress. Plus, my future sister-in-law Lindsey is getting married (to my brother) in October, so we've been working on her Save the Date cards, which are absolutely beyond fabulous (hopefully she'll let me blog about them because I'm dying to show you what we came up with). Oh, weddings are just SO much fun! And speaking of fun weddings, I have photos from my friends Kirsten and Jewell's wedding in Las Vegas from back in November that I want to share with you. I really need to blog about that soon. Everyone likes wedding pictures, right?
- So, Mally and Sage went to the groomers/spa yesterday for the whole day. This is Mally's second time at this groomer and Sage's first. True to form, Sage bolted in like she owned the place, knocked everyone (and a table) over, jumped up on the counter, spilled a big bowl of water, ate another dog's food and greeted everyone with giant sloppy kisses. Mally hid behind my legs, whimpered and cried when I left her, which in turn, nearly made me cry. Six hours later when I picked them up, Mally was like a whole new dog - clean and happy and so proud of her new haircut and her pretty bandanna. She strutted around the shop and showed off for everyone who told her how pretty she was. Sage, on the other hand, was completely distraught and so ready to get the hell out of there. She was so pissed off at me for taking her that she hid from me most of the night, refused to give me goodnight kisses and wouldn't come anywhere close to me when I left for work this morning, heaven forbid I take her again. Flip.Flop. Ryan said it's because Mally's a princess and Sage is a tomboy, which I think pretty much sums them (and their beauty parlor experience) up. Those two are so damn funny and have such big personalities.
Ok, well that's all I can think about right now. Hope you all had a wonderful week and have fun and exciting weekend plans.