Thursday, September 8, 2011

What's on my mind today...

1. I'm super excited for the private shopping party tonight!  I really hope we get a good turnout (please come!).  And I really hope the boutique has lots of cute things for me to buy.  You know, because I need more things.  Duh.

2. Why is it that short work weeks feel 10 times longer than a normal 5 day work week?  Seriously, will this week ever end?  How is it possibly only Thursday?  Come on!

3. What the hell is Scentsy?  I don't even care enough to Google it.  

4. Some friends and I are starting a Supper Club.  We're going to rotate hosting responsibilities and get together every other month.  I'm so excited for this!  Are any of you in a Supper Club?  How does it work for you guys?

5. I really miss The Gilmore Girls.  I'm dying to know what Rory's up to these days, how Lane's doing with the twins, if Logan is in prison or rehab, and whether or not Luke ever pulled his head out of his ass and made an honest woman out of Lorelai.  I miss them all so much!

6. Sage is going on her first duck hunt on Sunday with Ryan.  I'm really excited and nervous for her.  I hope she does well and likes it.  

7. Did you hear that Reese Witherspoon got hit by a car?  What?

8. I cannot stop thinking about Italy.  Dreaming of Italy.  Longing for Italy.  I can taste it.  It's delicious.  

9. I saw The Help over the weekend and really liked it.  I liked the movie more than I liked the book, which never happens.  I wasn't as in love with the book as everyone else seemed to be, but I thought the movie was really great.  What did you think?

10. Pumpkin spice latte.  That's all.

11. Can you believe I did a post with no pictures?  What the world coming to?!

16 comments:

  1. I saw that Reese got hit by a car! Nuts! Good luck to Sage on her first hunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love scentsy! You are missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2. AGREED
    3. I had no idea what it was either until someone donated a basket of Scentsy for a fundraiser I was chairing.
    4. I used to belong to a supper club, so much fun!
    6. Good luck!
    7. Yes, too bad, hope she's not damaged too badly.
    8. Husband went to Italy with his family before we got engaged and he left a handmade lace tablecloth on a gondola. I want to go back and get it. Think it will still be there after 11 years? A girl can hope.
    9. I want to see the movie, always disappointed in movies about books, but the reviews sound promising.
    10. Yum.
    11. It's impossible for me to do a post without pictures, I feel weird about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't watch Gilmore Girls when it was on TV so this year I have been getting the DVD's from Netflix. Each weekend I watch a few episodes and I am almost done. I'm pretty sure I will totally lose it when I'm done.

    Here's what I think. Rory is a crazy successful writer for the New York Times. She is trying to write a novel and has just signed a deal with a huge publishing company.

    Logan is an alcoholic and is dating a 21 year old.

    Luke and Lorelai got married and Lorelai is about to have a baby boy.

    Lane and Zach are doing awesome and Lane loves being a mom to her twins. They are even thinking about having another one!

    I can't believe I just wasted all that time. I need a life. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh a supper club would be so fun! And seriously, how crazy that Reese got practically run over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh - #2 - YES! I didn't want to say anything because I figured everyone would be all, "How greedy can you get?" (And then be all, "Uhh you don't WORK - why do you care?") But yes, 1000x yes haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm laughing so hard by all of this. Your Scentsy comment...BAHAHA.

    As for dinner club...yes, I'm in one and it's so much fun. I'm actually in two and we do each differently. 1- we have 5 couples and we meet every other month in someone's home. The host couple picks the "theme" and their is a co-host for drinks (the adult kind). Everyone else brings a side. We have had some really great dinners. The second group meets about every 6-8 weeks and we always go to a restaurant. That one is actually through my church so they provide childcare at the church while we go out. We have done nice dinners, dinner and bowling (we have a bowling ally here with super greasy food that always gets top honors in all of the food magazines. Kind of hysterical) anyways, all kinds of things. Hope you love yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I used the wrong form of "their" which I HATE when people do. I'm an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of a supper club. Life gets you soo busy and this would be a great way to set a side time for friends. Everyone has to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely miss Gilmore Girls. Luckily we have our own Logan around the house that has no issue with getting in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The idea of a supper club is very cool. I would love that. We had a breakfast club back in the day which was a lot of fun too.

    Longest. Week. Ever. And I was off on Tuesday too. Oy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AMEN! To lots of things in this post but specifically (a) missing gilmore girls and (b) you thoughts on the help. I was like you- I liked the book but wasn't obsessed and DEF liked the movie way more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My friends and I have been doing a supper club since we graduated. Sometimes we do themes, sometimes just bring what you want, we've also went out to eat a few times. Usually we just decide who is hosting and they are in charge of starting an email chain to get the plan rolling. Great way to stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in love with pumpkin spice latte. They're the best part of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  15. - Scentsy is one of those mail order things that friends have annoying parties for (like Pampered Chef, Lia Sophia etc). They're flameless candles & air fresheners - think like the Febreeze flameless doo-hickeys. I only know this because someone I went to HS with sells them and is always sending me invites on FB. I recently learned of a new one called Tastefully Simple too. It'll never end.

    - Supperclub sounds awesome. I know Maria does one where they have Food Ntwk themes (Paula Deen night, etc). I'd love to start one but none of my friends cook. LOL

    - Dan is a closet lover of all things GG. He swears it's cuz Lorelai is hot, but I beg to differ b/c he doesn't watch Parenthood. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. I miss the Gilmore Girls, too. Waiting and hoping and praying for a movie! In law school, we had a group of girls who basically combined GGs and supper club--we would pick a night each week to get together to watch the new episode, and we would eat dinner together.

    ReplyDelete