Friday, July 29, 2011

More Favorite Things

Yesterday was plain awful...

You can say that again.

Yesterday was plain awful!


(Name that musical)

So this week has sucked.  But it's over.  Thank goodness.  And what is a girl to do when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad?  I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad!  (Ok, slight obsession with musicals this morning.)  

1.  Online shopping - Have you all signed up for the online deals at HauteLook, GiltGroup, One King's Lane, Joss & Main, ideeli, The Foundry, etc.?  I'm obsessed.  I've been having the best luck on these sites lately.  Here are few of my favorite purchases.

Cute shift dresses for work (Tahari, Taylor, Eci, Muse) from ideeli:




Great furniture for my house from Joss & Main.  I got this amazing teal settee for the upstairs landing area (which matches my map wall!) and this great storage ottoman for the bedroom.



Amazing deals on hotels from the Getaway section of HauteLook.  We booked our next Chicago trip on here  for a great price, plus discounts at the hotel restaurant (which is supposed to be delicious).


Anyone else finding really great deals online lately?  
Please share!

2. Google Chrome - Perhaps I'm a little late to the Google Chrome love fest and perhaps this is a really stupid thing to be excited about, but I can't shut up about Google Chrome.  After spending my entire life on Internet Explorer (so, I'm loyal), I've finally made the switch and I'm not looking back.  It's so fast!  And clean and uncluttered.  Plus, I can finally comment on your blogs again without having to deal with the log-in circle of death I was previously dealing with.  Makes me happy!
  
3. Italy - I've now booked hotels in two of the cities where we'll be staying and am really happy with our choices.  I'm so excited about our itinerary and can't read enough about the locations, the history, the food, the people, the culture, the activities, the views, the feeling of Italy!  I'm already planning what I'm going to pack, debating what lenses I'm going to rent and dreaming about the food I'm going to eat while I'm there!  This trip cannot get here soon enough!


4. Pinterest - This one is pretty self-explanatory.  It's now moved beyond love to a full-blown hard-core addiction. As of today, I have 27 boards, 537 followers and over 1,300 pins.  Hello, my name is Sara and I am a Pinaholic.  Please send help.  But oh, the recipes, the products, the thoughts, the clothing, the ideas, the photos, the animals, the tutorials, the inspiration.  This might be the greatest thing to happen to the internet ever.  


5.  Olivia Palermo - What is it about this girl?  She was such a bitch on The City, and yet, I'm absolutely fascinated with her.  Talk about a fashion sense!  Everything she wears is impeccable.  And that hair!  Seriously, does she ever have a bad hair day?  Ugh.  Love her and hate her.





That's all folks!  

What are you loving these days?

13 comments:

  1. Google chrome is ALL I use now!! And those dresses are super cute. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never used Google chrome. Maybe I should switch?
    Hate the login circle of death. It could very well be the death of me.
    Olivia is a complete beeyotch, but the gal does have some serious style. I don't even want to admit it.

    Hoping you have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am in love with Pinterest. There should be a support group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another Pinterest addict here. It has been approximately 3 hours since my last pin. #feen

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANNIE!!!!!!!!!

    And I love this entire post. Olivia P in that top left photo...swoon. I wanna be her when I grow up. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie!

    Love all your internet shopping finds. I've been an Etsy fiend lately. And I'm loving Pinterest to track all the great recipes.

    So excited for you and your trip to Italy. It is going to be AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't stand Olivia on The City, but I'm with you on her style. It's addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. online shopping always makes me feel better as well! hope you have a better weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Google Chrome too! And I didn't know you were going to Italy! I can't wait to hear all where you are going. I think Venice was my favorite place, but I also loved Tuscany

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annie!

    Oh my goodness I LOVE Olivia. She's such a B, but ahhhhh her wardrobe!! Chrome is amazing, I can't go back to Safari or Firefox ever again!

    (And GiltCity, Gilt Groupe and RueLaLa is taking over my life - I got a new French Press on Rue for $15 today!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! you got some awesome things! I LOVE Joss & Main. I bought two slipper chairs and a rug from them a few months back. OKL is one of my faves too. Havent ventured out to buy clothes yet-need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm currently listening to The Sound of Music soundtrack--clearly, there's a reason we're best friends.

    And, please be prepared for me to hide away in your luggage when you go to Italy, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving all of these!!! And I have never been to any of your style suggestions - can't wait to check them out! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete