Running from the Law: Butch & Ella Mae

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Butch & Ella Mae

One of the best things about my weekend in Dallas with The Shabby Princess, was getting to meet her babies, Butch and Ella Mae.  I'd heard so much about the boxer and the beagle that I felt like I knew them already.  They've not only sent me, Mally and Sage cards and goodies, but they send love from hundreds of miles away all the time. 


Butch is a handsome devil. 
He was my boyfriend for the weekend, providing lots of snuggling, cuddling, kissing (drooling) and love.
Ella Mae was only vaguely interested in me. 
I think she was disappointed that I didn't bring Mally and Sage.
Sorry Ella Mae, next time.
However, I did bring treats from Mally and Sage's favorite puppy bakery, so all was forgiven.
P.S. Don't worry, they bake puppy goodies, not actual puppies. ;)

I was not only excited to meet Butch and Ella Mae, but I wanted to take some good pictures of them for Ally.  But as soon as I pulled out the camera, they bolted.

After a good 20 minutes of coaxing, Butch eased his way back into the room.

"I know you brought treats, but I didn't know this was part of the deal."
"Seriously?  Do we really have to do this?  Can't we just snuggle?"
"I will not get anywhere close to you with that thing."
"Me either!  I will be beautiful from WAY over here!"
"Auntie Sara, I'm not sure if you understand just how beautiful I am.  Beagles are gorgeous creatures."
"Just look at how the blue of the water brings out the color of my eyes."
"Wait, did someone say treats?!  I know I heard someone say treats.  Beagles have excellent hearing." 
"Feed me Seymour!"
"Please give me a treat!  Look how pretty I am.  And I'm even prettier when I sit."
"TREAT!  DELISH!"
"What about me...don't I get a treat too?"
"I can sit pretty too."
"Ehh.  What's this?  You call this a treat?"
"Seriously?"
"Alright, I will eat it, but I will not like it."
"Still not liking it."
"There, all gone."
"Can I have another?"
"Hey look, it's mom!"
"Hi mom!  Got any more treats?"
"Well, she's still got that camera.  We're not smiling until we get another treat."
"PLEASE!  More treats!  We're starving!"
"Tell her mom."
"Ok, we give up.  Photo shoot over.  Where'd you put those treats again?" 


Thank you Butch and Ella Mae for being such great models and being my pups away from home.  I can't wait to see you both again.  I promise to bring lots and lots more treats.

Love, Auntie Sara

17 comments:

  1. I want that boxer now! We are hopefully getting a Boxer puppy very soon. They are just the best! And great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now my eyeliner is ruined from laughing so hard!! These are the sweetest pictures, and the play by play cracked me up. Thank you so much for the fun photo shoot with my silly kids. We love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! I esp love the ones of the pups with their owner, it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dogs! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous dogs!! You're such a good pet photographer!!
    P.S. You were wondering what lens I use for my flower pictures, i don't have a macro lens, I use my 35mm 1.8 lens :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! The way to beagle's heart/brain is definitely through its stomach. They will do most anything for food! I'm having such a hard time photographing our dogs w/o getting a dozen blurry shots for every good one. Do you have the same issue, or is there a good trick you can teach me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These dogs are gorgeous!! And you take such amazing pictures of them. Love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what beautiful babies!
    I love the comments along with the pictures! I talk for my pups too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha! I love all your comments! You take such great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone is doing dog posts today! I'm behind, mine goes up tomorrow but sadly, no adorable boxers. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm just LOVING how the light is falling on these pups! What a pretty series. Plus, I'm A Fan of beagles ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photography skills are incredible--teach me! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh these pictures are GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete