Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Heart Faces - Best Face Photo From May 2011

This week's I Heart Faces photo challenge is a "People's Choice" challenge with the theme of Best Face Photo of May 2011. I love the People's Choice challenges because YOU will get to be the Guest Photographer Judge and help pick the winning photos! Here's how it works, the challenge is open for one day only. After it closes, Angie & Amy will go through all of the entries and narrow them down to their very top favorites, somewhere between 50-100. On Thursday, the Linky will open up once again showing only the favorites and then anyone and everyone will be able to vote on their favorites from that mix. Voting will be open until Friday afternoon and winning photos will be featured on Saturday. Fun!

The photo I'm picking is one I just took last week of baby Julia at 7 months. Remember Julia's pictures from 3 months? I can't get over how big she's getting! And girlfriend's got attitude too! She was not happy about being awoken from her nap, about being at the park or about my camera being anywhere close to her! She absolutely refused to smile. But luckily, the kid is just as cute frowning and pouting, so we got some really cute (albeit serious) pictures. The more her mom and I smiled and played and made faces and noises, the more annoyed she got. She was just not having it. So we decided that "attitude pictures" are just as good as fun smiley pictures because they truly did capture her mood for the day. I chose this picture because her face just kills me...she looks so sad!


Make sure to check out all the other entries in the I Heart Faces challenge.

7 comments:

  1. That picture is just too cute for words!! She is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good photographer! You have clearly captured an adorable moment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, I love this picture! I have to agree, sometimes the pouty pictures really are the best because they capture true emotion. (wow, that was deep, huh?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pic.. I"m going to post one that is my favorite face pic. come check it out if you want. I have no idea how to plug in the i heart faces site but i need to learn. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable picture!!! I have never *GASP* heard of I Heart Faces!!! I'm going to check it out now!

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete