Running from the Law: Mini Med School Update

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mini Med School Update

Well, I'm halfway through my Mini Med School I course and I'm absolutely loving it. 

Week One we discussed the dynamics of teaching hospitals, the health care reform bill, etc.

Week Two was respiratory diseases (pneumonia) and allergies.

Week Three was skin diseases (scleraderma) and heart disease.

Week Four was minimally invasive surgery (laproscopic surgery) and the Suture Lab.

I think I missed my calling.  I should have been a surgeon.
My stitches were beautiful (must have been the sewing experience).

And I could handle that laproscope with ease (must be video game experience).

I'm a natural.

Good to know, in case this whole lawyer gig doesn't work out.

Until next time,
Dr. Sara

13 comments:

  1. Sweet gloves. :)

    That sounds like so much fun! Glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! I still need to look into one in my area!! That is awesome that you got to stich!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome! What a fun thing to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock. I'm way to freaked out by blood, needles, etc to even take a mini med school class let alone be a real doctor. But you my friend, you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! You're cracking me up! That picture is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I miss something? What's this mini med-school thing all about?

    You do make a fabulous surgeon, by the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! I love the pic! Can you hear the theme song from E.R. playing right now? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you do look great in that yellow outfit and gloves. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! It's so on my list of things to do some day. Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. let me know when you're board certified. i have some stomach issues that need attention.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did you find this program!? I would love to do something like this. So neat.

    ReplyDelete