1. I constantly think about what my life would be like had I moved to Chicago for law school, instead of St. Louis. I was accepted to a couple really great schools in Chicago and I was determined to move to the city. I'm not sure what happened or why I changed my mind (probably money), but I'm so glad I did! I can't imagine my life without my husband or my home or my friends. I'm sure I would have been fine in Chicago, but I don't regret my decision for a second.
2. What ever happened to my friend Katie? I grew up best friends with another little blonde who was my best friend all through grade school. We vacationed together, we took dance together, we did gymnastics together - we were inseparable. We grew apart a little during high school, but were still good friends. We went our separate ways for college and I haven't seen or heard from her since. Every now and then someone will ask me what happened to Katie and where she lives and I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know. I'd love to find out. She's not on Facebook, she doesn't keep in touch with anyone I know of and she doesn't even show up on a Google search. Where are you Katie?! I think about you all the time!
3. What's for dinner? Every day, all day long I think about dinner. :-) I love dinner.
4. Ryan and I discuss moving to the mountains all the time. We have an entire life planned out West that we love to talk about. We're going to Boulder or Jackson Hole or Bozeman or somewhere similar - small and rugged and cool and mountainy. Ryan's going to be a ski instructor in the winter and a fly fishing guide in the summer. And I'm going to _________. (crickets) I don't know! What would I want to do? This whole lawyer thing is great, but I'm not saving the world or anything. I'd love to write, but I'm not sure that's realistic (like this whole elaborate daydream is realistic!). But what would I ever write about? And who would read it? I'd also love to cook, but I don't want to deal with cooking for strangers - too stressful. I love the idea of cooking for small groups of people in a teaching environment, or even teaching a high school cooking class. Or maybe I'll just have a bunch of kids and animals and run a farm. I don't know. This is the stuff that keeps me up nights. :)
5. Where am I going to go with my free Southwest flight? Should I grab my sunglasses and go visit Mel in Orlando? Should I get foodie tips from Christine and head to San Francisco? Should I take my cowboy boots to Texas to visit Shabby Princess and Tiffany? Or maybe do a little shopping in SoCal with Katie. So many choices? You all live in such desirable places! When can I come visit?
6. Again, what's for dinner?! I still haven't decided. Tacos? Sushi? Pasta? Pizza? Mmmmm...food.
7. What the hell am I going to be for Halloween? It's a month away and I have no costume ideas. Ryan and I always throw a big Halloween costume party and our friends come up with the best costume ideas. I've been racking my brain for months now and can't come up with anything clever. This happens every year! Any ideas?