Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day Five

Day Five: Six things you wish you could change or you wish you’d never done.


1. I wish I wasn't so afraid of bikes.  I don't really know where this intense fear of bikes came from, but I'd like it to go away.  I think it'd be really fun to go on bike rides without the insane fear of being hit by a car or crashing into a person/tree/car/hydrant/curb/etc.  A helmet is not enough to keep me safe.  I'd need full-body armor to start.  Baby steps.

2.  I wish I would have caught that foul ball that landed in my seat at that Cardinal's game back in 2006 and been able to give it to Ryan.  He was out buying me hot chocolate because I was cold and whiny.  I chickened out and didn't even try for the ball.  And he was so upset he missed it and I feel like I disappointed him.  How cool would it be to have caught that ball and given it to him?  I kick myself.  Sorry Ryan.


3.  Two words: big bangs.  Oh, the early 90s were rough.

4.  I wish I hadn't painted my bathroom green.  Seafoam pale green.  What was I thinking?  It's horrible.  And now I look green and sickly in the bathroom mirror.  Not good.


5.  I wish I hadn't eaten quite so much sushi for lunch today.  Oh holy fullness, I'm going to explode.

6.  I wish I had been easier on my parents growing up.  I was pretty spoiled and not all that well-disciplined.  I didn't get into a lot of trouble, but I should have - I just didn't get caught.  I was kind of a wild child.  And that is SO going to come back an bite me in the ass when I have kids.  I just hope they inherit their father's halo. 

10 comments:

  1. Dude, I am afraid of bicycles too!!! I don't know what it is, but I will not get on one. And it's too bad, because I live near the beautiful Rails to Trails project, where they turned the railroad track into a bike trail that goes up the most beautiful mountain following Pine Creek... it's one of the most gorgeous parts of Pennsylvania.

    I'm with you on number 6, too. Boy did I ever have an attitude problem (more so than actually being wild, though the wild came later, in college). I'm terrified I'll have a daughter someday and I'll get my karmic comeuppance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, how can you be afraid of bikes? Actually, I really don't think you're alone...I know a lot of people who surprisingly don't even know how to ride a bike! What the?!

    Oh, and is that really a picture of you with the big bangs? If it is, that's badass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi girl
    My name is Aly and I am a new follower of your blog!!!!! I have loved what I read so far and its been fun reading your answers to the 10 day challenge. im doing it too!!!! i would love for you to check it out.
    I think its really cool that you participated in the special olympics run. I have cerebral palsy and walk with a walker and i think what they do is amazing. I really want to volunteer with them
    Anywho my blog is www.nothinbutatshirton.blogspot.com would to have you follow along
    ps I photo of you on the top of the page. its really pretty xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually met a lot of people that are afraid of bikes! I love bike rides, just on back roads where there's absolutely no chance of me getting flattened by one of the soccer moms who like to floor their minivans while texting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some bangs!! I really hope that photo is of you! And if so.... can we maybe see some more or get a little tutorial?

    And, to give you a little comfort, you weren't the only terrible one. Once when I was 9 or 10 I was at the mall with my grandmother and I climbed into the clothing racks and hid there for almost an hour while she franticly searched for me. Karma is totally coming for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 90s hair trends were not good for any of us!! Super cute blog! Am a new follower. xo Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate bikes! When I was 13 I fell off my bike and cut my knee so badly that I have a peanut shell shaped scar. I've never been on a bike since. I completely understand your fear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bikes are evil. You know my stance on bikes. There is no reason to ride a bike. Ever. We have cars. Cars work just fine for transportation, thankyouverymuch.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG. You're number one and two crack me up! I blogged about the exact same thing! Check it out- http://daniellesotherblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/today-is-my-boyfriends-birthday-and-i.html

    Last week, we were at the Cardinal's game and not one but TWO foul balls came right by us, one even landing under my chair. And I could act fats enough and get out of the way for my boyfriend to grab them :(

    AND he has this new obsession with bikes... but I am terrified. I never really felt comfortable on them as a kid and now he wants me to ride the trails? Yikes. Whoever said, 'it's just like riding a bike' has never met the two of us, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm afraid of bikes too - I'm really afraid of anything that requires balancing - bikes, skates (including ice skates), skateboards, stripper poles. My friend had a pole dancing class bachelorette party and the whole balance thing was. a. disaster.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete