Friday, July 30, 2010

Lauren & JP - Wedding Video

Back when I was planning our wedding, I stumbled across a little website called Weddingbee.  The site follows and features real-life blogger brides-to-be through the course of planning their dream weddings.  They give advice and tutorials, share ideas and projects, and inspire and encourage others by documenting all the details, events and emotions that go along with planning one of the most special days of their lives.  It's a great website where brides are friendly (not crazy) and helpful (not discouraging).

One of my favorite brides-to-be was just married last month.  Even though I'm no longer stalking wedding websites, I've continued to follow Lauren (aka @fiftyfootbride and Mrs. Scissors), as she made her journey down the aisle with the love of her life, JP because she's so creative and amazing.  She described her wedding as "a fun, funky, over-the-top, whimsical, and technicolored wedding that’s infused with both of our cultures and everything we love. Every color in the rainbow? Check. Art and design galore? Yup. Giant paper cranes? Got it. 1,000 regular-sized cranes? There too. Bratwurst, bruschetta, hunch punch, tuxedos, and dancing? All over it."  And she delivered. 

Check out her wedding video.  Ah-may-zing.



Talk about a beautiful, fun, creative and gorgeous wedding.  The bride wore a Carolina Herrera gown, Christian Louboutin shoes and the biggest, happiest smile I've ever seen.

Until yesterday.  When her wedding video went viral.  It was a huge huge hit.  Ashton Kutcher tweeted about it!  He said: "the best wedding video I've ever seen"!  Really!  It got thousands of hits immediately!  Lauren was thrilled - overjoyed by the amazing video and the warm reception it was receiving. 

Until then the hateful comments started coming in.  I don't want to repeat one single horrible comment.  If you want to know, you can go to Lauren's site by clicking HERE and read them.

I am just shocked by this.  Absolutely appalled.  This is a BRIDE on her wedding day.  A day she'd been dreaming of and planning for years.  More than anyone I've ever seen, she put her entire heart and soul into this wedding.  Into the process.  Into the details.  Into the fun.  And they bashed her.  I am heartbroken.

I know this has nothing to do with me.  And Lauren has absolutely no idea who I am or that I'm writing this.  I saw her post this morning and I cried.  Being a bride is already so hard - there's so much pressure and so many emotions.  I couldn't even imagine if someone said things like that about me or about something I worked so incredibly hard for.  I am outraged.  And I just needed to vent.  The Internet can be a really wonderful place and I'm so lucky that I've had great experiences so far.  We bloggers put our lives out there for the world to see and judge and comment on.  And everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  But why would anyone be so hateful and nasty?  Why tear people down for absolutely no reason other than it's on the Internet?  She did not deserve this.

Lauren, I loved the video.  I loved everything about your wedding.  I thought you were a gorgeous, radiant, beautiful bride.  I really hope this doesn't taint your memory of your wedding day.  Your wedding ROCKED. 

So friends, please go visit Lauren's blog and give her some words of encouragement.  Or tweet her and tell her how freaking awesome her video is!  I'm sure she could use some blogger lovin' right now.  You guys are awesome!
http://iloveyoumuch.com/wordpress/  

Thanks.
Sara

14 comments:

  1. Thank you so, so much. You have no idea how much this means. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is precious! I was just smiling away...and then I kept reading...I can't believe people woudl be so rude. Man. My mom always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post today, lady. I whole-heartedly agree with everything you said. Their video was AWESOME and Lauren is one of my favorite brides! Super gorgeous and talented woman and it just pains me to see people be such jerks. Bravo to you for writing this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, isn't it sad how people can be so rude and terrible to others? And so many of the negative comments were all like, "This isn't ALT," like, WTF?!? Oh, because you don't think she's alternative enough, it's not good? That is just such a weird, weird way to look at life. Wow. I just don't understand why people have to be so cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cried because the video is so fun and they look luck such a happy couple :) what an exciting day for them! Lauren is gooood..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched the video before I read through and saw that people were being terrible to her about it- really? My first thought that this was the best thing I have ever seen! Thanks for the link, I am definitely heading over to her blog to let her how fabulous of a bride she was!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could have written this. I feel the same way. Yes, we bloggers put ourselves out there for criticism and critique, but that doesn't mean people get to abandon all semblance of propriety. Would any of those people have said those things to someone's face?

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow... i fucking love this vid. i'm totally posting a link to your page from my fb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sara, this is a sweet and meaningful way to support someone that you believe in. I left a comment and stand by everything you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this! People that say mean things like that are just jealous because they have no creative bone in their body and would never think of something this cool. What a creative way to show their special day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for posting this. I was APPALLED when Lauren's post went up. People are disgusting. They reject the unfamiliar, and the internet just eggs on this environment of anonymous hate. Especially someone like her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WTF?!?! I'm catching up with my Google reader and had NO idea about this. I've been a fan of Lauren's since we all knew her as "Fifty" too and this is all absolute BU[[SH!+!!!!

    Lauren rules... that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved the video and I love that you took action regarding the whole mess. People can be so unkind - and really, for no reason. I'm running over there to tell her how much I love it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This video is great. i would say the strength is in the editing and makes up for average videography. overall great video though.
    Video Production Company & Wedding Videos Adelaide

    ReplyDelete