Friday, May 14, 2010

Random Ramblings (again)

-- The lamb cake saga continues.  If you don't know what I'm talking about go HERE and then HERE.  Last week Alice's sister Ann went to see Body Worlds in Denver.  If you don't already know, Body Worlds is a profound insight into the human body, health and disease, and the intricate world of the cardiovascular system. The exhibition displays more than 200 human specimens, including whole-body plastinates, organs and translucent body slices.  Ann was delighted to see that in addition to human bodies, they also had a lamb on display.  Doesn't it look EXACTLY like the lamb cake?!!!
This image is so disturbing, I guarantee you will never be able to enjoy lamb cake ever again.
Sorry.

-- Tonight I'm headed to Columbia for a charity trivia night hosted by our friends Mel and Eric at the high school where Mel teaches.  Kirsten and I might be the only people on our team (that was supposed to be 8).  I think we're brilliant and all, but this could get embarassing.  Also, we might be planning on sneaking spiked Sonic cherry limeade into a high school event.  Which is basically the exact same thing I was doing 15 years ago at my own high school events.  I'm not sure whether I should be proud of myself or just sad.  Who says you have to grow up?

-- Only two more weeks until we leave for our Location X vacation!!  We'll be spending a week on the beach (as long as it's not covered in oil), eating our weight in oysters (as long as they're not covered in oil) and fishing for tarpon (as long as they're not covered in oil).  This year we're driving there (ahhh!!) because we want to take Mally.  Mally's never seen the ocean and she is SO excited - she talks about it all the time!  I can't tell you exactly where we'll be (shhh, it's top secret), but I'll be sure to post lots of pictures when I return.

-- Congrats to my friends Claire and Seth, who just sold their house and bought another fabulous one!  I'm ready to do a plate wall for you any time! (Speaking of plate walls, I have new plates on my wall and it's looking pretty fabulous...will post pictures soon). 

-- Happy 30th Birthday ALICE!  I promise to wear blavy on Sunday in your honor!  Love you!

7 comments:

  1. Obviously, I love this post :) thank you Sara! Love you! Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: the spiked Sonic Cherry Limeade? Proud, definitly proud.

    Also, Mally at the beach!! Too cute! I want to go the beach--I'm jealous. Get a tan for me too, k?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, about that spiked limeade? Do tell what you are going to spike it with!!

    Oh, and about the plate wall...today at Pier 1 I saw an art piece that was basically an already assembled plate wall! For real, all you had to due is hang that bitch up! Now that's my kind of plate wall:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were supposed to get eight people together for a trivia night next weekend... Unfortunately, the darn thing is in Rosebud and I could only con one other couple into driving that far. We're going to be combined with another table, but I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh... the lamb is SO disgusting!

    Have fun on your vacation! I'm so jealous and I don't even know where you're going. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the lamb...
    I just threw up in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay to eating your weight in oysters!!

    ReplyDelete