Friday, February 26, 2010

I got nothing...


I'm feeling kinda bleh today.  It's been a long week and I'm emotionally drained and exhausted.  The weather sucks - it's so effing cold.  Plus, I drank too much tequila last night and my coffee just isn't working.  Damn you maragritas!  So this post is my attempt to get myself a tiny bit excited for the weekend.  Here are the highlights:

1. I get to sleep in.  YAY!  I'm so so so very very very tired right now.  I love my bed.

2. Ally over at the Shabby Princess is running the Cowtown Marathon tomorrow!!  And I'm going to get email updates of her progress as she runs it because I'm cool like that.  I'm pretty excited to be able to live vicariously through her on her quest for a PR.  I know you can do it, girlfriend!  Pop over to her blog and wish her luck, why don't cha.

3. I am finally going to get my hair done this weekend.  Yes, I know, it's about freaking time, back off!   I haven't been to the salon since October.  My roots are about 6 inches grown out and my hair is practically down to my ass.  It's terrible.  I'm so horribly ashamed of myself for this.  There's really no excuse. 

4.  I'm making Coq Au Vin this weekend!  It's my first recipe in the 10 Most Difficult Recipes to Make Challenge and I'm excited (and nervous).  I'm going straight to the master herself, Julia Child, for the recipe.  I'll post about it next week.  And even better, Mel at For the Love is joining me on the challenge and cooking it too!  So we'll be able to compare notes, recipes, tips, tricks, advice, pictures and stories.  The best part of this recipe -- we get to light shit on fire!!  I know!!  This is going to be AWESOME.

5. Uhm.  That's it. 

Anyone else have cool(er) weekend plans?  What's everyone up to?

10 comments:

  1. I've got a bunch of projects I have to run, but I'm afraid to venture out with chunks of overloaded snow falling off of the ledges of buildings. I overdue for a hair cut too, I'm beginning to look like a hippie. I'm excited to hear about your coq au vin experience. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous that you drink margaritas during the week... with working full time and dieting it can be hard to actually ENJOY a drink. Though, happy FRIDAY it's almost time for HAppy Hour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwhahahah--"we get to light shit on fire!!". Yet another reason we are internet besties.

    Not that I have the same cold weather that y'all do, but holy hell, we've had snow like 3 times this year, which NEVER happens and it's 30 degrees and raining right now. Ef. 100% ready for the sun!!!!

    Also, my hair is a hot mess. Needs a cut and color like whoa. That will be next weekend thank God!

    Thank you so much for all your support and your friendship. Love, love, love you! Now--let's just hope those damn e-mail alerts work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great weekend! I'm sure the Margaritas were still worth the blahs today. They had to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The best part of this recipe -- we get to light shit on fire!! " I love it!!!

    Low key weekend for me, the first time in a LONG time we haven't had 84,000 things going on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a fun weekend!!!! I really don't know what the heck I'm doing yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I left you a little something at my blog!
    krysta1.blogspot.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're doing LOTS of relaxing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you are running for SPO!! That's my fave charity b/c my bro is an athlete in Chicago. Anyway, have you checked out Bellicious Kitchen? Food blog... She's doing a giveaway that ends today or tomorrow- really cute necklace. Hope the coq au vin went well and you had fun lighting shit on fire!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, it's kitchenbelleicious.blogspot...

    ReplyDelete