Running from the Law: December Update

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December Update

1.  Diet = FAIL.  The weight loss journey before Belize has been a total disaster.  I've now gained another 4 pounds.  WTF?!  I know it was Thanksgiving and all, but I swear I did NOT eat 4 pounds worth of mashed potatoes.  I could have...but I showed restraint!  And I really feel like I've been doing better about what I eat.  Ugh.  This sucks. 
2.  Yesterday I received CDs of our wedding pictures in the mail.  Hooray!  Plus our engagement pictures and the rehearsal dinner pictures!  They're all so freaking amazing!  Guess what this means?  I can start doing some wedding weekend recap posts!!!!!!!!!  Aren't you SO excited?

3.  Ryan's holiday party is this weekend and I yesterday I finally bought a red dress.  It's hot.  Possibly too hot...I'm still not sure if I'm even going to be comfortable wearing it.  Ok, so it's not that hot, but I'm a pilgrim and I don't show skin (like ever).  So this might be out of my comfort zone.  But it's BCBG and super cute.  But it's a law firm party - so conservative.  I don't know!  We'll have to see how I'm feeling that day.  Maybe I should start drinking at lunch?

    =
4.  We have decided not to get scuba certified before going to Belize.  We've been going back and forth on this for months now and finally made the decision  to not do it.  Reasons: (1) We just don't know if it's worth it.  We've got all kinds of cool snorkel gear and plan on doing that a lot.  Ryan is basically a fish, so he spends all his time underwater and on the ocean floor when snorkeling anyway.  (2) I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with the scuba equipment (b/c I'm smaller than most "adult" sizes) and there's just so much that could go wrong with everything (it kinda freaks me out).  (3) It's crazy expensive.  Classes are around $300 each.  If we do our open water dives in Belize (with rental equipment) we're looking at another $300-400 each.  That just seems like a TON of money we could spend on something else.  (4) We kinda waited too long and now we'd have to rush through the classes, which are some serious business.  So...no scuba.  At least not this time.  If we get down there and are kicking ourselves for not doing it, we'll just have to come home and take the class and go back!  Wouldn't that just be terrible. 

5.  I recently got news that a very good friend is pregnant!  Yay!  I'll hold off on calling her out my name, just in case she's not comfortable telling the entire world via the internet.  Congratulations...you know who you are!  Isn't this just the cutest little baby you've ever seen?!  So happy for you guys!
6.  And in other good news, one of the cutest couples in the world just got engaged!  Congratulations to Dave and Morgan!  We love you guys and can't wait to celebrate with you.

7.  I regret to inform you that I'm just not in the holiday spirit.  I wish I was, I just can't seem to get there.  I guess it's because we won't be here for the holidays and we're not buying gifts and we're not putting up Christmas decorations.  We're skipping out on the holidays (which is fine with us!) but I definitely miss it.  Especially since I think I have the most beautiful Christmas tree in the world.  However, I'm sure I'll get over it as soon as I'm on a beach with a boat drink in my hand.  I'm very much looking forward to having lobster and daquiris on Christmas. 

8.  About a month ago I signed this blog up for Google Analytics.  Oh, what amazing stuff you can find on there.  I think I'm going to have to devote an entire post to what I've discovered about my own blog over the last month. 

9.  Ryan and I have become a little obsessed with Storm Chasers on the Discovery Channel.  We love this show.  The best part of the whole show is Reed Timmer.  Holy tornadoes, this guy is hilarious.  He is so jacked up on Red Bull and adrenaline that it's a non-stop energy-packed hour of screaming and madness.  Love it!  We've got the 2 hour season finale at home on our DVR waiting for us!!!  Back up!!!

10.  Our holiday/Christmas cards are going out today!  Watch your mailbox! (not an actual picture of our cards)

That's all folks!

3 comments:

  1. OK, so, I am petrified of the thought of scuba, so, I'm wildly impressed that you all were considering it! You'll have such an awesome time in Belize--lobster and daquiris on Christmas? Coudln't get much better!

    And, storm chasers! My husband had to drive some stuff out from our family's place in California over the summer and he basically got stuck almost driving in a tornado (b/c in the middle of nowhere Texas, you just keep driving!) and he saw the Storm Chaser crew! Naturally, they were going after the tornado he was driving from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...I took that photo of you two kids holding hands.....man, I'm good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I hear you on the holiday spirit thing. We aren't getting a tree this year, and we aren't doing presents (well, the fiance and I are going to exchange...but nothing big). I actually cried about it today, because I just love having a Christmas tree...but we ended up going to the store and getting some pine scented candles, some garland, and a couple of sparkly ornaments to decorate a little bit in our apartment. We spent about $25-30, and it made me feel so much better to have a little holiday spirit in the house!

    PS can't wait to see your pics!!!

    ReplyDelete