Running from the Law: Custom Wedding Dress Sketch

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Custom Wedding Dress Sketch

What a great reaction to the wedding dress sketch on our staircase I posted about yesterday!  I'm very excited to be able to share this with you all.  Here are a few more details...

A while back, I blogged about these amazing custom wedding dress sketches by Megan Hamilton (her etsy shop can be found HERE).   Megan Hamilton, a fashion design graduate of Moore College of Art and Design in Philadelphia, PA, took her degree to work in New York City and spent many years designing for companies like Macy's and David's Bridal using her illustration skills to sketch new wedding gown designs. With a photo of your dress (add a fabric swatch for extra oomph), Megan will create a design-style sketch and send it in a sleek black folder.  Designs could be just the wedding gown, gown and tux/suit combo, or gown with the bridesmaid dresses. Or, if you're a two-dress bride, this would be the perfect way to capture the look of both dresses! I think this is such a creative and fantastic way to preserve the memories of your special day in a one-of-a-kind custom-made piece of art.

When I saw Megan's work, I immediately had to have one.  I loved my dress so much, I wanted an amazing keepsake to have to always remind me of it.  This was the perfect idea.  I sent Megan some links to our wedding pictures, along with a couple Monique Lhuillier ads for the Celestine dress that were in bridal magazines.  I chose to have my gown sketched with Ryan's custom-made suit, complete with his green Thomas Pink tie and fly boutonniere.  Megan even added a splash of green on his tie to match our colors.  I had the sketch framed at Michael's (with a 60% coupon) for about $90.  I promise to take some better pictures once my camera gets back from the camera doctor, but here are a couple.


6 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful, what a great way to showcase your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was one of the beggers, thanks for sharing. I will definiately be doing this. Also a great idea to give as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are amazing...I am definitely going to have to get one of those of my dress! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stumbled upon your blog this evening. Thanks so much for showcasing my sketches. I just loved your gown and had a wonderful time sketching it. Thanks so much again.
    Megan Levans

    ReplyDelete