Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Halloween Costume = Bridesmaid

For the last few years, Ryan and I have hosted a Haunted Halloween Costume Party at our house. It has been so much fun dressing up and seeing what costumes our friends come up with. We decorate the entire house, play scary music outside, have a ton of creepy food, invite everyone we know and offer prizes for the best costumes. To see some of the great costumes we’ve had, check out pictures from last year: Halloween 2008.

This year, however, we’re taking a hiatus from Halloween. Don’t get me wrong, we absolutely love our party (and it’ll probably make a come-back next year), but it’s quite a time-consuming and expensive undertaking (especially only a few months after throwing a wedding!). Plus, we’ve just got better shit to do this year!

Instead, on October 31st we’ll be in Chicago attending a WEDDING! And not just any wedding…the wedding of my brother-in-law Justin to his beautiful fiancĂ©e Christine. This will be the first wedding where both Ryan and I are in the wedding party -- Ryan is the best man and I am one of Christine’s bridesmaids. And most importantly, with this wedding, I officially get my first sister. I’ve never had a sister and I can’t even tell you how excited I am.

So this year, for Halloween, Ryan will be looking sharp in a black tux and I’ll be dressing up as a bridesmaid and wearing this lovely ensemble. Don’t you just love J. Crew?



I don’t want to spoil all their surprises (not that anyone they know reads this blog), but I can’t help but be excited.  I MISS WEDDING PLANNING!!!

The rehearsal dinner is here:


They’re getting married here:


And because I’m super bored and completely (still) wedding obsessed, I’ve put together a little inspiration board for the wedding. Her wedding colors are black, ivory and champagne.  A gorgeous Vera Wang gown.  Jimmy Choos.  Orchids for flowers.  A wine-theme wedding.  Stunning!!



A cheers to the new McCartys.  Best of luck you guys.  I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like that is going to be one gorgeous affair. The bridesmaid gown is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, it looks like it will be a gorgeous wedding. Have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete