Thursday, April 30, 2009

Inspiration Boards

Yes, I know I'm posting more this week than I have in the last 6 months combined, but I've been getting SO many questions about the wedding from friends and family that won't be able to travel all the way to Wyoming to be there, but want to still be involved. So, I want to be able to share some of the fun details with you (without giving away all the surprises).

One of the first things I did when I started the planning process was to collect as many inspiration pictures as I could. I wanted to create an "inspiration board" that would capture the style and theme of our mountain ranch wedding. This proved rather daunting as I was completely overwhelmed with all the options and amazing weddings out there. One of my favorite blogs (http://snippetandink.blogspot.com/) puts together daily inspiration boards that are so gorgeous that I want every single one to be my wedding. I tend to love everything from the vintage Hollywood glamorous wedding to the pastel garden party wedding, to the bright colorful beach wedding. But since we’re getting married on a ranch in Wyoming, I think it’s only appropriate to leave out the seashells and ballgowns and opt for some western charm. Here are a couple inspiration boards that I found online (created by other people) that I really liked.


This wedding reception took place in an old barn (which is beyond amazing to me because I'm obsessed with old barns).

I just love the cake, colors and rustic feel of this wedding.

How cool would it be to see an actual moose at the wedding?!

I'm sure you can see a "theme" developing here. We took the natural route and chose a color palette of greens, whites and wood. There were so many amazing pictures of rustic weddings from places likes mountains, ranches, farms, barns, and even backyards. I'm constantly in awe of such amazing weddings and how gorgeous the pictures turned out. I've been collecting and gathering them all up and trying to soak in the inspiration. And now, after nearly 14 months of collecting ideas, I’ve finally put together my own inspiration board…



No, that is not my wedding dress in the board. I have to keep some things a surprise! However, that gorgeous Oscar de la Renta gown was my second favorite dress that I tried on. It was amazing…but I still like my dress better. Of course, we won’t be able to do all of these things and there are other ideas that we have but don't have pictures of. This is just a little sneak peak, you'll have to come out to Jackson Hole to see the rest!!

6 comments:

  1. This іs гeally іnteгestіng, You're an excessively skilled blogger. I've joіned your
    rss feed and stay up for in search of extra of your fantаstic post.

    Αlso, I've shared your web site in my social networks
    Here is my web page ; vwings.Com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be ending of mine day, except before finish I am reading this great post to increase my know-how.
    Take a look at my weblog - http://www.managementdegree101.com/contract-management-degree/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ι'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this blog on regular basis to take updated from newest news update.
    My homepage ... Degree Business Management

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjοy, гesult in I found just what I used to
    bе looking for. Υou've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye
    Feel free to surf my weblog ; accounting courses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grеat blog here! Aԁԁitionаllу your site
    lots up fast! What host are you the use of? Can I am gettіng your assocіate
    hyperlink on your host? I want my site loаded uρ as quickly aѕ уours lοl
    Feel free to surf my website http://hemorrhoidstreatmentscenter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loνeԁ as much aѕ yοu'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this increase.
    Feel free to surf my blog post - inspirechange.nu

    ReplyDelete