Thursday, March 27, 2008

Please say a prayer...

Please say a prayer for my cousin, Brian Guthrie. Brian is a Lance Corporal in the United States Marine Corps. Brian’s 22 years old and a newlywed. He leaves on Monday for Southern Afghanistan, his second deployment in two years. Brian’s been stationed at Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms, the world's largest Marine base for the last few years. Brian is an amazing man; he’s a great son, brother, uncle and husband. Brian is a proud and honorable soldier. He’s funny, sweet, smart, goofy, mischievous and most of all, he is brave. Brian is one of three Marines in my family, including my younger brother Chris. I am honored and proud to have such an amazing family with such strong values and integrity.





Please keep Brian in your thoughts and prayers.

And while you’re at it, please also say a prayer for Phillip Brown. Phillip is in the US Army. He is husband to Andrea and father to three beautiful children, Elizabeth, Lucas and Ryan Brown, my inspiration for running this marathon. Phillip is currently deployed for the third time to Iraq. He will be gone 15 months this time. Please pray for Phillip’s safe return and for his family.


And thank you to everyone who has served, is currently serving or will serve in our military. You are all heroes to me. We are all so grateful for your courage, sacrifice and service.

5 comments:

  1. Hugs and prayers for all of these guys.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sara, I'll definitely pray for your cousin, and for all the other family members you mentioned. How awesome (but, I'm sure, a little worrying) to have so many Marines in your family. Thanks to all of them for their service and sacrifice for our country. Your whole family should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Considered them all gratefully prayed for from southeast Michigan, Sara.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much sara that means a lot to me .. You know how much I love your cousin... well i miss you and i wish that you could make a trip out here to visit me.. I would love that...

    ReplyDelete