Running from the Law: Team in Training - St. Louis Marathon

Monday, November 5, 2007

Team in Training - St. Louis Marathon


Well, I did it!!! I signed up for the Go! St. Louis Marathon!!


As I said below, before I turn the "Big 3-0" next year, I want to take my training to the next level. With a marathon goal in mind, I decided to join area runners in a great cause to raise funds for blood-related cancers. Therefore, I am happy to announce that I'm officially training to run the full 26.2 mile St. Louis Marathon on April 6, 2008 as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training!

Team In Training ("TNT") is the No. 1 endurance training program in the world, which raises funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. I'm completing this event in honor of all individuals who are battling blood cancers, but especially my "Honored Teammate" Jared, a 15 year old Burkitt's Lymphoma survivor from Union, MO.

TNT is rewarding because it not only helps people reach personal fitness goals, but it allows teammates to help others in their battle against blood cancers by raising funds and awareness. My fund-raising goal for the St. Louis Marathon is $2,000. Our local "Gateway Chapter" is proud to have more than 80% of funds raised go directly to the Society for use in funding research and patient services. You can help me reach my goal, by donating at http://www.active.com/donate/tntgmo/saraholtsman

I hope you'll visit this website often and check back frequently to see my progress. I hope to use this training and fund-raising blog to track the miles, goals, obstacles, achievements and every day occurrences. And make sure to leave me feedback!! Thanks so much for your support!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I found your blog after seeing your comment on my Rockledge Rumble 30k finish on RunningAhead. I'm a walking coach for Team in Training! Congrats on joining the team. I hope you have a great experience. I got my athletic start with TNT and love it. Thanks for giving back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey fellow lawyer/ runner/ pet and purse and shoe lover! So excited to hear that you are signed up for a marathon -- very exciting!

    ReplyDelete